I. Intro to Programming
Also, watch Getting Started with Web Design video.
II. Examples and Projects
- Is It Better to Rent or Buy? – New York Times
- How Ya’ll, Youse and You Guys Talk – New York Times
- London Olympic Results – New York Times
- Fractions of a Second – New York Times
- Dollars for Docs – ProPublica.org
- Dogs of NYC – WNYC
- Higher Education Explorer – Texas Tribune
- Missed Signs, Fatal Consequence – Austin American-Statesman
- #Election2014: The Web of Influence on Twitter – Twitter
- Loud Austin – project by Texas State Grad Student Becky Larson
- Cindy’s Pinterest Board of Data Visualizations
III. HTML Basics
Watch the HTML Tutorials on the Web Design course site.
Watch the CSS Tutorial on the Web Design course site.
V. HTML Forms
VI. Programming Syntax
VII. Workshop! (Nov. 14 in Old Main 238)
You’ll get hands-on experience with all we’ve covered in this course, ending with a Quiz application.
Workshop materials available on Cindy Royal’s GitHub.